Thursday, October 11, 2007

And finally she finds the kitchen...

Contrary to the heading of this post I had found the kitchen at the guesthouse but assumed it didn't have any cooking facilities.

Well, obviously, there was a room out the back with cook-tops the whole time!


















And look who came to help me cook...














I was pleased that he stayed still long enough to let me take lots of photos, until it occurred to me that I might have shocked him to death with my flash. Are frog's hearts weak? He was still there when I finished cooking. I'm too scared to check if he is still there tonight.

If people ever ask me if I think the influx of NGOs saved Aceh from ruin, I will point them to this...














Without international staff, Banda Aceh would never have seen San Remo Spaghetti and Barilla Pesto. For that the Acehnese people are truly grateful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRILLIANT.

Lars said...

Why no new posts? Have you cooked again or is there an ongoing fear of the little frog's demise?