Thursday, October 18, 2007

Homeless but not destitute

I moved out of the guesthouse last weekend so no more hot showers and cable for Sarah.

But better than that, I don't have to pay the insane rent, and was able to avoid the invasion of the owner's relatives for Idul Fitri.

Now I am staying with another AYAD who has been here a few months already. This is my bedroom:














Well, it's actually just the bed and the window, but I had to cut my mess out of the frame.

My host is very sociable and friendly, so my 3-day long weekend (everyone else had 5 days minimum!) was spent hanging out with lots of friendly people and having a great time.

One afternoon we played touch footy. OK, I didn't actually play. I took photos on someone else's fancy camera. Me playing touch footy, I don't think so.

I don't have any photos of the football (I can hear your sigh of relief from here), but I do have a photo of the low cloud over the mountains outside the stadium!














In other news, I ate fish and prawns by the river last night (all from the sea, the riverside location is incidental). It was tasty, but one disconcerting thing about the fish here is that they don't gut it before they cook it, so you have to be careful about what you're eating. I've just grossed myself out thinking about it too much.

To change the subject, I have been going crazy in the DVD store. I bought a million movies the other day and I only scratched the surface. I also bought....wait for it, you're going to squeal with glee...the first half of the Gilmore Girls season 7! Booyah! However I am still expecting a delivery of the official release for Christmas...Put it on your shopping list folks (but you should probably harmonise those lists because realistically I only need one copy).

Put in your movie/tv series orders now. They've got everything you could imagine. And I'm gonna be watching a.lot.a.tv!

2 comments:

Lars said...

Ah beautiful room sarah. With a sweet quilt and a bright curtain as you have it'll feel very homely. And sar you would have been great at touch. Remember when we played the orrong romanis cup and you were decking people all over the place?! Too much fun.

Unknown said...

A little bit of fish gizzards never hurt anyone.

(And if you'd like a home for the ggirls once your done watching them and you don't want them cluttering up your suitcase... you know my address).