Monday, December 3, 2007

The burden of fame: an important lesson in dealing with over-exposure

I am so famous at the moment it's crazy.

I get Google Alerts for anything relating to Aceh and the other day I was sent a link to this very blog!

And today I was searching for information on Violence Against Women in Aceh and the second item on Google was a page featuring a document I'd written!

Don't worry, I won't let the celebrity go to my head. I'm just a normal person you know. I like normal things like anyone else. Sure, people come up to me in the street and are all like "I love you so much" but that's cool. It doesn't really affect me.

But you might just want to go here and take a look at the Qanun & Aceh picture in the right column. You might even want to follow the link and read my fascinating document....or not.

Actually I just followed the link myself, and the website isn't great. I guess I am just a B-grade internet celebrity after all.

2 comments:

elbento.com said...

Document layout is not bad tho, nice and clean. Only thing is the URLs aren't clickable. Maybe just hyperlink the heading image in future. :)

Sushi said...

Internet fame doesn't last.
I think the length fame lasts is inversely proportional to people's attention span, and I think that's at an all time low.