Saturday, January 5, 2008

An Album a Week

My new year's resolution was to buy a new album from iTunes every week I'm in Indonesia. We should all make resolutions that are fun to keep. It would make the system work a whole lot better. I'm sure some happiness-hater out there will point out that a resolution should be about personal growth, so I will tell you why this activity will make me a better person:

1. I will actually pay for this music instead of stealing it like I usually do
2. Listening to music has been scientifically proven to lift your mood (unless you have bad taste in which case it probably just increases self-loathing) so having more music to listen to should make me listen to it more and thus be happier
3. I will have a great music collection which will make me infinitely cooler (I know, cooler than I am already must be freezing) and being cool definitely makes you a better person

Feel free to add to this list in the comments section. I have a traffic counter now people, so I have proof that you are reading this blog. You can't hide anymore.

*********


















Album 1. The Grates - Gravity Won't Get You High (e-deluxe edition with music video included if you don't mind)

Download a track from the album

I chose "Science is Golden" which you might already know, so if you want to hear something else just let me know and I'll make another selection.

But if you haven't heard this song get ready to get Jem truly outrageous! and dance around your bedroom with your hairbrush.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MAN, you hit 2008 with a blogging score to settle! I'm happy. I hope it doesn't die the death similar to New Years resolutions around the 5th day of the new year.

I appreciate your Album a Week goal. Especially if you'll post free stuff for me to listen to! But, the one you just posted isn't working for me. I think your Windows Vista hates all other electronics.

Happy 2008 blogging!
Your now tracked friendish person Y.