Friday, January 11, 2008

An Album a Week

Album 2. Stars - In Our Bedroom After the War


















Stars are a Canadian band who share three band members with Broken Social Scene. I actually wanted to buy their 2004 album Set Yourself on Fire but iTunes doesn't have it, which seems really dumb. Especially considering that Stars released this new album on iTunes two months before it was available in stores. Stars and iTunes should be best buddies but I think they are just using each other.

I've been listening to this album for a week and I like it a lot. I don't love it the same way I loved the tracks I heard from the last album, but it's still very nice. I'm not going to review every album I buy because, let's be honest, my opinion is about as informed as "I reckon it sounds orright". If you want to hear any more tracks just lemme know.

Next week: Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

3 comments:

elbento.com said...

Once again DRM rears its ugly head - cannot share songs encoded in iTunes. :)

That aside, the blogosphere is screaming out for more uninformed opinions about music. Short and sweet is a winner. May need to consider making another blog specifically for this purpose.. coz u obviously have way too much time on your hands anyway. ;)

Sarah said...

If I wasn't writing a blog I would be lazy or disorganised. Now that I do write a blog I have too much time on my hands. I can't win.

Anonymous said...

The name of your blog is very fitting at the moment...