Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Traditional dance and more animals

I need to catch up on a few things that have been happening over the last month so today will be a mash up of all kinds of stuff.

Did I tell you that in Bangkok we performed a traditional Acehnese dance? Well WE DID!














We were SO awesome, and we only had a few days to practice. It was an insanely hard dance to perfect because it was all about clapping in perfect time with each other. There was also a song but it was in a mix of Arabic, Acehnese and Indonesian so I couldn't learn it in time.














Here are some of god's great creatures I have spied lately.
1. this giant spider in my kitchen


















2. This kitten at the place I eat lunch most days. I did a deal with the guys who work there. The cat would live there and I would bring it food (I couldn't take it home or to the office). But then I went to Bali and when I got back it was gone. Now the guys there just say "hey, what happened to the cat?" and smile conspiratorially.













This is the hornbill that lives at the pizza restaurant, Joel's, at the beach. He's so huge and extremely creepy. The other day he attacked my friend. Well, she was sticking her camera in his face and he snapped at her. In the whole time I was in Sarawak (where hornbills are on every tourist brochure and in every hotel name) I didn't see a single one. Turn up at the pizza shop and this guy is hanging around all the time.















I was going to show you more photos of elephants today, but I will save telling you about our elephant adventure for another post. It deserves a whole post of its own.

2 comments:

Josh said...

"hornbill want a cracker? Okay, take the packet!!! Take it!!"

Anonymous said...

OMG. that spider reminds me of MyGreatSpiderIncidentSummer06. Very creepy. Eesh. I hope you were more effective in getting rid of it than my tactic of throwing dirty socks.